Yorkshire stone craft ltd can offer a comprehensive design package. From Conception though to completion, we can assist with all of your design requirements. Our experienced Design team uses the latest available CAD technology and has a wealth of over 20 years experience of surveying and detailing of stonemasonry.We believe that thorough planning and consultation at the early design stage of your project will help you reap financial benefits throughout the entire span of the project by simplifying the supply, and ultimately the installation process. Helping you avoid any pit falls which, with poor planning may occur later on down the line when time is crucial.
- Initial consultation on initial consultation we can take on board any existing information you may already have in PDF or CAD format, suggest any obvious cost saving that can be introduced, provide budget quotations for the design package and supply of stone and give advice on realistic production lead in times.
- On site details taken For new build or restoration projects we will visit the site, carry out a survey and take all necessary details and templates.
- CAD drawings produced From this point, general arrangement drawings can be produced in plan and elevation views on CAD. This means that they can be easily forwarded via email for review and approval,
- Stone detailed individually Each stone is individually detailed and given a location reference which can then be referenced against the arrangement elevation drawings, making the planning of delivery sequence, production of the stone components and on site placement of stone a straight forward procedure, this stage also allows for the final review and approval process to be looked at in detail, eliminating any costly oversights whilst on paper.
- Full size templates made For accurate reproduction of moulds we need full size templates. Full size templates will be printed off on vinyl using a calibrated plotter. These can be plotted off from CAD or where necessary taken from existing stones. Any embellishment or carving work will usually be drawn by hand.
- Production of stone From this point, a clear schedule can be established and the stone manufacturing can begin.
However it may turn out you already have adequate detail to produce the work and may be just a case of simply requiring us to produce full sized templates prior to production, if this is the case we would be able to provide a firm quotation at stage one of this process.
We hope this gives you an insight into the design process and provides you with enough advice to be confident in our commitment to quality and the fact that we are able to keep you informed at every stage of the design and supply process.